The department of Neurology at MJM Hospital is a highly integrated, collaborative department of adult and paediatric neurologists who specialize in the research, diagnosis and treatment of a plethora of conditions and diseases affecting the nervous system.
This department works in close coordination with other departments like, Neurosurgery, Behavioural Sciences, Rehabilitation, Metabolic experts, Electrophysiology lab and Imaging and provides Comprehensive Care to encompass the whole spectrum of Neurology.
THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS DEPARTMENT ARE:
- Stroke Clinic
- Paediatric Epilepsy Clinic
- Movement Disorder Clinic
- Child and Adolescent Neurology
- Cerebral Palsy Clinic
- Pre-surgical Evaluation for Epilepsy Surgery
- Headache Clinic
- Multiple Sclerosis Clinic
- Neuro-infectious Disease
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Pain Management
- Peripheral Nerve Disorders
- Sleep disorders
Neurointensive care and stroke management
- Time is brain!!!! Because of the very short "golden period" when one can revert/prevent/halt the progression of any of the above mentioned pathologies, neuro critical care unit is trained to act promptly in a short time span so that vital functions of the part of central / peripheral nervous system which is on the verge of permanent damage can be resuscitated.
Paediatric Epilepsy Program-
- Comprehensive care of the patients having epilepsy in childhood where treatment is not restricted to 'only' medical treatment but also comprises other aspects of cognitive and motor development, epilepsy surgery and neuropsychological rehabilitation. More than 10,000 children have registered under this programme and participate in interactive session's parent counselling and a proactive support group.A well-established Epilepsy Surgery Team coordinates with Children & Adults who have Refractory Seizures and are worked up for Epilepsy Surgery.
- This department is very proactive. It is different from Adult Neurology since it deals with problems of a developing BRAIN. Early diagnosis, prompt treatment and cognitive retraining can prompt modify and improve the child's mental & physical development. Early intervention is the keyword. This department also works closely with Metabolic and Genetic specialities to diagnose and treat some of the rare Metabolic Brain disorders of Childhood. Those children that have Behavioural problems, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Scholastic Backwardness and Development delay are assessed in this department and then referred to the Child Guidance Clinic.
Neuromuscular and Peripheral Nerve Diseases strong-
- Managements of diseases like Myasthenia Gravis or Guillian Barre Syndrome usually yields favourable outcome due to proper assessment and timely interventions by the team of neurologist working at Sahyadri Speciality Hospital.
Migraine and Vascular headaches-
- This is one of the most common burdens in society Detailed pre assessment, counselling, lifestyle modifications combined with the right medication can control and also cure Migraine. The team of Neurologists at Sahyadri offers this Comprehensive Care to Patients suffering from Migraine.