MJM Hospital is one of the best known in the country for treatment of renal failure and end stage renal disease. The department of Nephrology is backed by a team of highly qualified and experienced nephrologists. We offer the highest level of care and services for kidney disorders, dialysis and kidney transplant.
- The dialysis unit at MJM Hospital has technologically advanced haemodialysis machines and trained nursing staff to monitor patients round the clock.
We have State-of-Art dialysis department where all types of dialysis are carried out:
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
- Parmacath Insertion
- We offer services for conditions which affect the kidneys such as diabetes, autoimmune diseases, hypertension, etc.
- Kidney transplantation or renal transplantation is the organ transplant of a kidney into a patient with end-stage renal disease. Kidney transplantation is typically classified as deceased-donor (formerly known as cadaveric) or living-donor transplantation depending on the source of the donor organ. Living-donor renal transplants are further characterized as genetically related (living-related) or non-related (living-unrelated) transplants, depending on whether a biological relationship exists between the donor and recipient. Exchanges and chains are a novel approach to expand the living donor pool.
- Deceased donors
Deceased donors can be divided in two groups:
- Brain-dead (BD) donors
- Donation after Cardiac Death (DCD) donors